Cello: Week 3

Oh man, what a week it’s been! I had spent a lot of time practicing the first few parts of The Scientist by Coldplay and am beginning to notice quite a bit of improvement! A classmate of mine brought in his cello to play, and I found that the strings felt closer to the fingerboard than mine. 

One of the difficulties I have with playing the cello is feeling like my fingers either don’t have enough strength or are too small to reach the notes. With the strings being closer, I felt like I didn’t have to exert as much energy pushing down the strings. The difference between our cellos was quite noticeable so I decided to bring my rental back and exchange it for something that felt better to me. 

The staff at Long and McQuade were really delightful to work with, and they ended up upgrading my rental to something more suitable for my needs! I’m sure you can see the happiness radiating out of me! Making this switch has been a game-changer! I am really looking forward to seeing my progression in the coming weeks!

The new cello!